Proud Supporters of NZ Art Show 14 Years Running
The countdown is on for this year’s NZ Art Show. We look forward to it every year and hope to see you there to celebrate 20 years of connecting people with art. Come and see our new Car Design Gallery including the World Car of the Year – Hyundai IONIQ 6 – and the World Performance Car of the Year – Kia EV6 GT. Keep a look out for the new GWM ORA 100% EV and futuristic looking Hyundai Staria Load cargo van – they’re helping to transport art all around town in the lead up to this awesome show.
When: King’s Birthday weekend
Friday 2 to Sunday 4 June from 10am to 6.30pm
Where: TSB Arena, Wellington
Buy your tickets: Tickets from $10.00 available online or buy them at the door.
Get ready for a stimulating weekend. This is a must-see event for all art lovers, where you can witness talented new and emerging New Zealand artists showcase their stunning and unique works. With over 200 artists presenting their creations, you’ll be transported into a world of vibrant colours, striking designs, and thought-provoking themes that will leave you inspired.
With around 100 artists attending the show, this is your chance to meet and connect with them, learn about their creative process and inspirations, and even purchase their affordable and one-of-a-kind masterpieces. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to immerse yourself in the best place to buy art in New Zealand. Join us and let’s celebrate the art, the artists, and the spirit of Aotearoa together!
Be in to WIN $500 to spend at the show and one of 16 FREE double passes
Here’s your chance to join us. Be in to win $500 to spend at the show and a double pass. Plus 15 more double passes up for grabs. Simply head over to our Facebook page by 21 May and comment on the NZ Art Show competition post – tell us who you’d take with you if you win. The 16 winners will be draw and announced on this page and on Facebook by 24 May .
Prize draw terms and conditions:
- The prize draw runs from 6pm on 2 May to 11.59pm on 21 May 2023.
- To enter you must add a comment on the NZ Art Show “Win $500 & a Double Pass” giveaway post on the Brendan Foot Supersite Facebook page and tell us who you’d take with you if you win. You can enter as many times as you like. By entering you agree to be bound by and comply with these terms and conditions.
- This competition is open to everyone. Only employees and contractors of Brendan Foot Supersite and their immediate families, are ineligible to enter.
- 16 winners will be randomly drawn by 24 May 2023.
- The first winner drawn will receive a free double pass and one $500 voucher to spend at the NZ Art Show. 15 more winners will be drawn and will each receive a free double pass to the NZ Art Show on their preferred day.
- Brendan Foot Supersite will direct msg/email the winners by 5pm on 24 May. If the winners don’t respond by 26 May 2023, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize and pick replacement winners.
- Decisions in relation to this competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We reserve the right to use the prize winners’ names and photos (to be supplied by the winners) for publicity purposes.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or any other social network.
- We reserve the right to cancel or extend this competition at any time by posting a notice on our Facebook page.
- When collecting personal information Brendan Foot Supersite complies with the Privacy Act 2020.
Brendan Foot Supersite is very proud to have been supporting the NZ Art Show for twelve years. It’s one of our favourite Wellington events, held annually over Queen’s Birthday Weekend at the TSB Arena on Wellington’s waterfront. The show is a great way to see some of the country’s best original art. Everything is available to buy at prices aimed to make art accessible to all.
2021 NZ Art Show
The 2021 NZ Art Show hosted a record crowd of over 10,000 attendees. Across the three day event another record was broken with artwork to the value of over $2,000,000 being sold! The previous record was $1.3 million. It seems art lovers were out in force to support local artists, who together exhibited 3,000 pieces at the show.
Brendan Foot Supersite was happy once again to be the principal sponsor of the $3,000 People’s Choice Art Award which this year went to Jamie Stewart with their work,”Passing Rains”, below.
NZ Art Show Director, Carla Russell and her team were blown away by the support for the 2021 show. Not only did they achieve a record turn-out and sales, but the Gala Event was sold out much earlier than usual, and they sold out of Friends memberships for the first time in the show’s history. Many artists sold all their artwork and were taking commissions for new work – a truly great result for the artists and the show. The 2020 show was cancelled due to Covid-19, and although it did go ahead online, the enthusiasm for the 2021 NZ Art Show was clear proof of how keen the public are on seeing and buying affordable local art.
Put a circle around Queen’s Birthday 2022 so you don’t miss out on this iconic Wellington event.
2019 NZ Art Show
The 2019 NZ Art Show was held over Queen’s Birthday Weekend – 31 May to 3 June – and once again we supported artists, our customers and the public with free tickets, art voucher competitions and sponsorship of one of the art awards. The weekend was a huge success with 10,500 people through the door and over 1,500 artworks sold!
We’ve been involved with the NZ Art Show for a number of years and each year enjoy the outstanding original art on sale. It’s New Zealand’s largest sale of affordable local art with hundreds of New Zealand artists contributing thousands of artworks.
We were also very proud to once again sponsor the main art award – The People’s Choice Art Award. This award is awarded to the favourite piece of art voted by NZ Art Show attendees from the 10 finalists whom were previously chosen by a judging panel. The winner receives $3,000 to further their art.
In 2019 the People’s Choice Art Award was won by Chirag Jindal for his piece entitled “No 05 Landscape Road, from Nga Mahi Rarowhenua series, 2018”, shown here.
2018 NZ Art Show
In 2018 the People’s Choice Art Award (formerly known as the Signature Piece Art Award) was won by Christchurch artist Don Service for his work ‘Some more than others’. Don received $3,000 in prize money, which he says will go towards a new plasma cutter for his studio. His winning work is cut from double layer marine plywood and is a stunning piece. We’re very pleased to support artists by sponsoring the award.
2017 NZ Art Show
The 2017 winner of the the Signature Piece Art Award, sponsored by Brendan Foot Supersite was Wellington photographer, roOm with this piece “Less is Less 05”, a photographic lightbox depicting a surreal night scene.
2016 NZ Art Show
In 2016 Porirua artist, Bruce Mortimer, was the recipient of the Signature Piece Art Award, winning with his delicate charcoal drawing ‘Balance 1’.
We also give away two $500 vouchers to two very lucky art lovers who enter our competition each year.