Electric vehicles are smooth and quiet to drive, plus they are powerful and very economical. They are a lot like driving any other car – but a lot more fun.
There are a few different types of electric vehicles available:
- Full electric (EV)
- Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) which use both a petrol and an electric engine powered by a plug-in battery
- Full hybrid vehicles which use both a petrol and electric engine with the petrol engine charging the battery.
At Brendan Foot Supersite we make buying your next vehicle easy. Our experienced team has in-depth knowledge about all vehicles, including electric and hybrid vehicles. We can show you how:
- Driving a vehicle fully or partially powered by an electric motor is so exciting
- Maintenance costs can be very low
- Running cost will make you smile – as little as 1.1L per 100km and for the equivalent of 30 cents per litre
- Topping up with an overnight recharge is easy as counting sheep
- A large range of electric vehicles in one place is convenient and makes your choice easy.
We not only sell new and used electric vehicles at Brendan Foot Supersite, we also service them so we are well placed to help you choose the right vehicle for you. A test drive is a great way to experience the differences an electric or hybrid vehicle has to offer. Come and talk to us today.
New Electric and Hybrid Vehicles
Mitsubishi Outlander Plug-in Hybrid
This is the new face of the future. The Plug-in Hybrid is a fully electric SUV and will bring you incredible technology, unbelievable efficiency and stunning new styling.
From $52,490 + ORC
New Kia Niro EV
Sustainability has a stylish new look and up to 455km of range.
From $75,990 + ORC
Innovation and high-tech design, the Ioniq is the first car in the world to offer separate Hybrid, full Electric and Plug-in Hybrid powertrain options on one body type.
From $46,990 + ORC
Hyundai Kona Electric
The first compact electric SUV in New Zealand with over 400km in effective, real-world driving range.
From $78,990 + ORC
Kia Niro Hybrid
Get the top qualities of a modern SUV with the efficiency of a true hybrid.
From $39,990 + ORC
Types of Electric Vehicles
To help you understand the different types of electric vehicles available here’s some more information:
Electric Vehicles, or EVs, do not use any fuel at all – they run solely off a battery.
A Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle, or PHEV, has both a petrol and an electric engine powered by a plug-in battery.
Full hybrid vehicles use both a petrol and electric engine.
Charging Electric Vehicles
Charging your vehicle is easy and convenient too. Most daily vehicle travel is over a small distance so charging is not an issue. For longer distances, there are large savings and plenty of ways to stay charged.
PHEVs and hybrids are self-charging, and for EVs there are fast charge options. Some vehicles have a range of 400km, and options to charge at home, at work or at the 127 charging stations across New Zealand.
What Our Customers Think
“Very happy to be saving $50 per week, and to be driving in a hybrid that looks like a normal car”
– Erik purchased an Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid.
“Saved $600 in two months and wouldn’t have bought without help from Brendan Foot Supersite”
– Chris & Danny from Gisborne purchased a Kia Niro Hybrid.
“So quiet, safe and fun. We love our Outlander and help from Brendan Foot Supersite”
– Jaime purchased a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.
- Hyundai Ioniq 2018 Car Review – AA.co.nz
- First Look Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV – Consumer.org.nz
- Kia Niro 2018 Car Review – AA.co.nz
- Kia Niro Hybrid NZ Review – Autocar.co.nz
- Meet NZ’s cheapest pure-electric SUV – Stuff.co.nz
Find The Right Electric Vehicle For You
If you are interested in an electric vehicle keep an eye on the latest new electric vehicles available as well as the pre-owned models. We’ve a great range of new vehicles and quality used electric vehicles.